Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Program
The Impact of Medication Non-Compliance
The dollar figure placed on the direct and indirect costs of patient non-compliance is estimated at one to three hundred billion dollars a year. This figure includes the cost of additional doctor visits, emergency room visits, hospitalizations, additional medications, complications, disease progression, premature disability, and death.
Medication Therapy Management (MTM) Program is intended to promote medication safety for the frail patient with multiple chronic disease states. NAO Global’s MTM program will be directed to ensure that all members’ medication regimens are reviewed for the purpose of:
- Ensuring optimum therapeutic outcomes through improved medication use.
- Ensuring that the prescribed medications are clinically necessary in order to treat their condition.
- Ensuring that the prescribed medications effectively address the condition(s) being treated.
- Ensuring that participants receive the lowest effective dose and the most appropriate duration.
- Maximizing a medication’s potential benefits versus its risks.
- Evaluating negative outcomes, decline or emerging symptoms, related to medication use
- Providing services both in ambulatory and institutional settings.
- Coordinating any care management plan established for a targeted individual under a chronic care improvement program (CCIP)
This service is currently under development, check back later for updates.
There are no revisions for this post.